Tolerance is basically the ability and willingness to tolerate a definite thing and behavior. It is the capacity to take hardship and similar other things. Being tolerant is being patient, and understanding the services offered.
There are basically three types of tolerances, which include limit dimensions, unilateral, and bilateral tolerances. Different people have different tolerance levels, and the person with a low tolerance level is considered to be intolerant.
Going ahead, here are some of the Tolerance Slogans, which will help you to know more about the real meaning of the term. Read to know more about this term ahead.
- Tolerance is not Acceptance.
- Tolerance is nothing more than patience with boundaries.
- The highest result of education is tolerance
- Tolerance is the price we pay for living in a free, pluralistic society.
- Anger is natural with everybody but tolerance leads to patience for reward.
- The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
- Many issues could be solved by the acceptance of differences – which is tolerance.
- Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.
- Tolerance is the highest degree of your strength, and the desire to take revenge is the first sign of weakness.
- Don’t get so tolerant that you tolerate intolerance.
- Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.
- Accepting all the good and bad about someone. It’s a great thing to aspire to. The hard part is actually doing it.
- Tolerance only for those who agree with you is no tolerance at all.
- Tolerance is not a Christian value. Charity, justice, mercy, prudence, and honesty–are Christian values.
- Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.
- Tolerance & patience should not be read as signs of weakness. They are signs of strength.
- “Tolerance is the oil which takes the friction out of life.” – Wilbert E. Scheer
- “In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
- “Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “A man who cannot tolerate small misfortunes can never accomplish great things.” – Chinese Proverb
- “The highest result of education is tolerance.” – Helen Keller
- “Human diversity makes tolerance more than a virtue; it makes it a requirement for survival.” – Rene Dubos
- “Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.” – Helen Keller
- “Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” – Aristotle
- “Sooner or later, if the man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.” – Stan Lee
- “Tolerance is the mindful capacity to love, respect, accept the differences that make people unique.” – Byron R. Pulsifer
- Tolerance always has limits – it cannot tolerate what is itself actively intolerant. Sidney Hook
- I learned to appreciate repetition. That’s why I can dance. It’s how I learned to act. I have a high tolerance for repetition. Channing Tatum